Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Kristen Painter- Heart of Fire


When the characters in Kristen Painter’s head started to take over, she decided to exorcise them onto paper and share them with the world. She writes paranormal romance for Samhain Publishing and has the first of three books in her gothic fantasy vampire series, Blood Rights, coming from Orbit in fall 2011. She hopes to add a YA series to the mix as well and has also been published in non-fiction, poetry and short stories. The former college English teacher can often be found online at Romance Divas, the award-winning writers’ forum she co-founded. She’s represented by Elaine Spencer of The Knight Agency.

Q: What will e-readers like about your book? That it's an adventure in the truest sense of high fantasy - a quest book. But there's also a romance woven through. I think the cast of characters is pretty entertaining as well.

Q: Why did you go indie? This book had been turned down by every publisher that saw it, but I still believed. I'd had such good feedback from early readers - to the point that they would occasionally email me and ask when it would be available for purchase. I finally decided to publish it myself.

Q: Who are your favorite authors in the suspense, mystery, horror, and thriller fields? For romantic suspense, my go to is Roxanne St. Claire. Fun, sexy suspense books and I can NEVER figure out the villain! For mystery, I'm digging the new Gemma Halliday series. Horror and thriller aren't really my thing. I like to sleep at night.

Kindle - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003L2008G
Other eforms - http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/13333
Print - http://www.amazon.com/Heart-Fire-1-Kristen-Painter/dp/1453617221/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1277153782&sr=1-2
###

3 comments:

  1. I for one, am glad you decided to publish this. I'm about halfway through and it's a fantastic, compelling read! I highly recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maria! I appreciate it. And thanks to Indie Books Blog for posting the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I love a good quest book! This sounds wonderful. I couldn't agree with you more about Roxanne St. Claire, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete