Friday, July 30, 2010

Robin O'Neill-- Paige, Turning



Robin O'Neill is quite hard to pin down and is still trying to find herself. She's written a number of young adult books, a few cookbooks and is now in adult contemporary.


Why will readers like this book?
-- DISCONNECTED takes the reader through a Catskills Mountain summer of finding love, laughs, and a lost painting worth a million dollars. It's the story of what can happen when someone is too plugged into the internet and too disconnected from the real world to live what can be a wonderful life.

Why did you go indie?
-- I have a backlist of out of print books that can still be enjoyed by a new audience. Then I realized how much freedom was being offered when an author no longer has to contend with editors and agents and I felt liberated.

Who are your favorite authors?--I like Katie Fforde quite a bit and Jane Heller. They both find a way to bring a nice lighthearted touch to romances. Victoria Clayton is not well known out of her native England but she is an artisan with words, proving with each new novel that a romance doesn't have to be without substance.


At Amazon

book trailer

10 comments:

  1. Hi Robin,
    Wellcome to the Indie world. Sounds like my kind of book! I look forward to reading it. I am fellow indie author featured earlier on this blog.
    Christa Polkinhorn
    Love of a Stonemason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, Scott, wrong links:
    "At Amazon" and "book trailer" above brings you to the Bing website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay fixed now, I thought I had checked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, we get the correct author - but the wrong book. Wake up, Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm well that was the link Robin sent! I don't have time to track down every books--so I guess buy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very strange! The book listed at Amazon is called "Paige, Turning," has a totally different cover, but the description fits the book described above (Disconnected). Obviously some mix-up somewhere. In case Robin stops by, perhaps she can unravel the mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She has changed the title. Everything should be fixed now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful. I just bought it. All you need to do now is change the title in the description--oh, Christa, stop being such a friggin perfectionis!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I meant, of course, "perfectionist," ha, ha, serves me right.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Robin,
    After finally unraveling the mystery of the title mix-up, I found the right book and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. It's a wonderful light-hearted story with quirky, loveable characters and clever twists and turns, which kept me peeled to the page. And I can relate to Paige's infatuation with the internet. I enjoyed the combination of love and art in your novel, which is also a central part of my own book, Love of a Stonemason, featured earlier on this blog. I look forward to reading more of your stuff. Christa

    ReplyDelete