Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Keith Blackmore-- The Troll Hunter



At this point in time, I really don’t have much to say about myself. I have a day job and I write when I can. I should eat better. I don’t like musicals. Or lengthy bios.

The Troll Hunter: A warrior with a secret. A rogue band of cut throats. And a monster of legend.

A morning that no one wanted. Battle rusty from the war infirmaries, a company of Sujins are ordered to march north through a war torn country, guarding a mysterious koch. They are whipped by the murderous Rusk the Two Knife and led by the enigmatic Bloor, the only cavalier to survive the
Field of Skulls. Together, they will march into the unknown, and arrive at the teeth of hell. And only one man will possess the skills necessary to bring the survivors back.

A tale of heroic fantasy. Some graphic violence and language.

Q: What will e-readers like about your book?

Fans of David Gemmell and Robert E Howard will enjoy the story. It’s
gritty, the action is blade to the throat and boot to the balls, the
dialogue is sharp, and the characters believable. Or at least I think so.
But then I’m bias. See my reviews--one is on my site and the other is on
Amazon.

Q: Why did you go indie?

Got tired of a handful of individuals—editors—dictating what gets
published and what doesn’t. I've read several books last year alone which
I threw down wondering how the hell they got published; what exactly the
editor saw  in those stories that obviously went turbo jet over my head.
My stories are strong tales of heroic fantasy and horror, yet in some
cases, my books won’t be published until 2012… Indie allows more control
for the writer and you can release the ebook when it’s ready. And, ebooks
are cheaper.


Q: Who are your favorite authors in your genre?

The late David Gemmell and Robert E Howard. Howard in particular did an
wonderful  job in creating the Hyborian Age, which is still the number one
fantasy world in my book. Recently, I’ve been reading and very impressed
by Joe Abercrombie, whose characters are very well done (I’m jealous) and
whose action sequences are similar to my own.

Link to web site or blog or Amazon/Smashwords
www.keithcblackmore.com
www.amazon.com/dp/B0045JLQCS
###

No comments:

Post a Comment