Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Snap Shot -- Jeanette Williams-Smith

Jeanette D. Williams-Smith is a Jacksonville, Florida native. She has had a passion for the written word since age seven. The middle child in a family of four, her imagination led her to compose poetry and prose under the pen name "Ms. J". She graduated from Paxon School for Advanced Studies then went on to receive her Bachelor in Science in Biology at Eckerd College. The author is a medical technologist in her home city as well as an active church member. She is married to her husband, Jeromy, an aspiring chef and minister.
 
Former major crimes detective Hollister Liano finds himself seeking redemption from his crime by taking care of classy fainter Rosaline Welsh, a freelance photographer carrying around more than just her camera. She is holding the photographic evidence of a murder involving her abusive ex-boyfriend and a dirty cop in the same police department... Ultimately, these two broken people learn that wholeness comes from a higher source...


Q: What will e-readers like about your book?
A: I hope readers will relate to a romance about two imperfect people seeking love and redemption--in each other, in themselves, and in God ultimately. For those itching for thriller, SNAP SHOT has some of that. It's a little book of everything I like to think.

Q: Why did you go indie?
Currently, I have not garnished a deal with a major publishing house or an agent yet. I wanted to get a feel of self-publishing and the publishing process as a whole itself. That, and I think I was just so eager to share my work with everyone, it didn't matter how it was out there. As as as it was out there for someone to read, I was happy.

Q: Who are your favorite authors in your genre?
A: Depends on what my genre is. I'm more inspirational/AA/interracial fiction. A few of my favorites from my vast list--Alice Walker, Claudia Mair Burney, Toni Morrison, Terry Goodkind (I'm not much for fantasy anymore but he's good), Zora Neale Hurston, Walter Dean Myers, Robin Cook, etc. A good sci-fi novel also works for me.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this post. Here is some useful information!

    We are the leading provider for online CPR certification courses, first aid certification classes.
    http://www.cpraedcourse.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting Blog! I was thinking about getting my cpr certification, thanks for the information Jessica!

    ReplyDelete