Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sophie's Turn - Nicky Wells

SOPHIE'S TURN by NICKY WELLS
Bio: 
Born and raised in Germany, I moved to the UK to study and work. I currently live in Bristol (UK) with my husband and two children. Whilst expecting my first baby, I set out to write my personal “all-time favourite romantic comedy,” with all the laughter and tears, sex and introspection I would like to see in the perfect book.  The result is Sophie's Turn... and I am working on the sequel, too!
Q: What will e-readers like about your book?
Sophie's Turn is a rock star romance--yes, the male hero is a rock star, and Sophie has to make a choice between him and her fiance, Tim.  The story is funny, honest, occasionally bittersweet, and very fast-paced.  Who wouldn't marry their favourite star, given half a chance?  The novel has a surprising but highly satisfactory ending.  Book bloggers who have reviewed Sophie's Turn have called it the 'perfect chick lit book' and told me they absolutely want a sequel.
Here's the blurb:  One fine day in Paris, Sophie Penhalligan suddenly finds herself engaged to her teenage crush and love-of-her-life-from-a-distance, rock singer and star extraordinaire Dan Hunter. But there is the small matter of her very recent, but very prior, engagement to Tim. Reliable, honest, trusting Tim, her boyfriend of two years stashed away safely in his mews house in South Kensington while Sophie is drinking rather too much champagne with Dan in Paris. The novel describes how Sophie gets into this impossible situation and how she turns it around.


Q: Why did you go indie?
I decided to go 'indie' via Amazon Kindle because I like the fact that I'm in control of when I publish, where I publish and at what price.  What's not to like?  Sophie's Turn is available all over the world via the various amazon sites:  amazon.co.uk, amazon.com and amazon.de.

Q: Who are your favorite authors in your genre?
Favorite authors in my genre include (but are by no means limited to) Catherine Alliott, Sophie Kinsella, Jane Green, Helen Fielding and Jill Mansell.

Link to web site or blog or Amazon/Smashwords (please could you insert the full sentence???Cheers!)
Find out more about Sophie's Turn, read its awesome reviews, or buy it, via my blog at: http://nickywellsklippert.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment